There are a lot of practices that talk about hair care. But not all of them are truly effective. Be careful when taking these rules to heart as some might do more harm than good.
Let’s take a look at some of these false “hair care” advice.
– Apply your product to sopping wet hair. Product + water = less efficiency. Blow dry your hair until it’s damp, then apply your styling products.
– Brush 100 strokes a day. Excessive brushing causes breakage and can activate your oil glands making hair greasier. Do brush your hair but don’t go overboard!
– Hair colour damages your hair. Salon colours today are loaded with extra conditioners. If you want to colour your hair, go right ahead.
– Only thick, dry hair needs deep conditioning. All hair types benefit from proper conditioning. The key is to get the right formula.
– Always use a comb on wet hair. Not so. If you spray your hair with a leave-in conditioner, it will allow your brush to slide through easily.
– Blow dry from back to front. Starting in the front reduces potential frizz. And this is the area people see first, so it makes sense to start there.